The National Risk Information Platform (NRIP) is a multi-hazard risk information platform that users to visualize risk data and perform analysis on various elements of risk data in Jamaica (http://nripja.com/). Its purpose is to promote a culture of safety and risk reduction by providing access to knowledge and information on hazard, vulnerability, and exposure, making it available for decision-making in development and land use planning, investments in social, economic and environmental sectors and risk transfer strategies.
Sior Consulting Ltd. supported the development of the NRIP platform by:
- providing, Jamaica-specific, expert geographic systems hardware, software, and geoscientific domain-specific, advice;
- launching amazon web services server for CKAN development;
- developing phyton-based domain geoscientific app coding functionality; and
- phyton-based geoscientific domain training to government staff (https://github.com/siorconsulting/nrip-jamaica).
The NRIP will provide users with the ability to visualize, interact and analysis risk data. A community of practice will operate as a discussion forum for specialists and practitioners to share views, discuss ideas and concepts and suggest recommendations for best practices that benefit the sector.
- Jamaica-specific, expert geographic systems hardware, software, and geoscientific domain-specific, advice provided.
- Launch amazon web services (AWS) server for CKAN
- Develop and deliver python-based domain geoscientific app coding functionality, and python-based geoscientific domain training (including training manuals) to government staff (https://github.com/siorconsulting/nrip-jamaica).
- Develop risk modelling toolsets, with examples, for Geometric analysis, hydrological analysis, coastal inundation, and geomorphological flood risk, in two analogous coding solutions: open-source and licensed (ArcGIS).
Client: Edson Williams and Associate, CEAC Solutions Co. Ltd., Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF)
Project title: Development of Jamaica’s National Risk Information Platform (NRIP)
Date: 2021 – ongoing
Main Síor contact: Dónal Neville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project infographics/stats: Delivery achieved on budget ($45,000 USD) and to agreed timelines
- Geospatial Solutions: GIS, Geospatial Data Preparation, Characterization and Analysis
- Water Resources: Hydrogeological Interpretation & Analysis, Geospatial Flood Risk Modelling
- Environmental Risk
- Environmental Data Science: Programmer/App Development