Tristan is a geotechnical engineer with over 17 years’ experience working within consultancy companies. His project portfolio comprises small-scale residential projects to large, multidiscipline industrial and infrastructure schemes within the UK and internationally. These projects have covered a number of business sectors including local authorities, power infrastructure, residential, commercial, highways and rail.
Experience includes feasibility and detailed design for new and remedial works to slopes, earthworks, ground improvement, retaining walls and horizontal directional drill projects. In addition to detailed design, site roles have also included construction supervision, management, and validation of geotechnical works.
Key roles and responsibilities have included supervising and managing ground investigations, geotechnical design lead for multidiscipline projects, designer’s geotechnical advisor (DGA) and ground risk assessments.
In 2010 Tristan became a Chartered Geologist of The Geological Society of London and a European Geologist, following this in 2015 he was added to the UK Register of Ground Engineering Professionals (RoGEP) as a specialist.
– Chartered Geologist of The Geologist Society of London
– European Geologist
– Specialist of UK Register of Ground Engineering Professionals (RoGEP)
– Director of Magnum GSI Ltd ( https://magnumgsi.com/ )
- Geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical design
- Geo-environment assessments
- Geographical Information Systems
- Coal mining risk assessment
- Ground risk profiling
- Ground risk due diligence
- Geotechnical asset management
- Project Management
- Ground investigation design, planning and management
- Geological assessment